Looking for a new GPU, sort of ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

continu

Baseband Member
I have a X850XT which is runing hot now a days (had it since it first came out) while playing Rappelz. I've upped the fan speed but still overheat and would restart the computer at 1050 resolution. Needless to say but I am currently playing the game on medium setting at around 7xx resolution on windows mode.

I know the game isn't really GPU intensive but my GPU can't handle it, so I need a brand-new old GPU. What I mean by that is an older model, not the new ones that require that extra 6 pin power cord.

So: Would a Radeon HD 4350 which is around $24.99 after rebate at newegg Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4350 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) Radeon HD 4350 512MB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 CrossFire Supported Low Profile Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards be able to max out the game at 1050 resolution?

Or: Radeon HD 4650 be better for the job? Cost $37.99 after rebate at newegg Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4650/DI/1GD2/A(LP) Radeon HD 4650 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Low Profile Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Both are cards from ASUS, how reliable are they? I know they make good motherboards but how are they with GPU's? And also both don't require that extra 6 pin power cord right?

I want something older that will max out the game - Rappelz.

Thanks everyone.

Current spec C2D E6400 with 2 gigs of OZ Platinum ram, power supply is an Antec True Power 450

I picked up a 4670 a while ago for my second PC and I think it was also a ASUS (can't remember) but it requires no extra power to run. (no 6 pins needed on either of those cards) I know the 4670 is a little higher end than the 4650 but mine runs COD WAW on med to high pretty well so I think the 4650 will handle the game without a problem. OH and ASUS does make good GPU's too

Dauntae

oh yea...i know it's not that important but never factor in the price of mail in rebates in your budget. They have a bad habit of not working out right :\ so don't ever base your purchases around them.

Anyway: everyone has already recommended good cards.... almost all the ati 46XX n 47XX cards require no power connections so any of those would work i guess

Hey thanks everyone!

I guess I'll go with the 4670 since its only $13 dollar difference. As far as rebates are concern, I have received every rebate except for one, which was for my RAM from OCZ.

Good choice. The 4670 ranks two slots above my previous card, the 3850. The 3850 played every game I threw at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom