Looking for a new GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgcook

Fully Optimized
I'm waiting on payment for my Ultra. I needed the money to pay down some debt on a few credit cards. I'm trying to decide which card to get right now.

I'm between these 3:

HD3870
8800GT
8800GTS

the GTS is a little more than I wanna spend. I want to keep it under $200.

What do you guys think would be the best card for the buck? I can also CrossFire another 3870 in the future. And with a price cut, it's looking like that's what i'll get.

Wait for the 3870s to drop around the $160 level.

*edit*
You said that already...lol

I'd like to find a GTS for under $200, doubt that will happen. I might just spend the extra money on it, since it performs nearly/better than what my Ultra does.

8800GTS 512 > 8800GT > HD3870

I also recommend 9600GT, it performs as good as HD3870 and cheaper

HD3870, its going to get some good price drops and be even more competitve with the 9600gt that it was before

3870...overclocks like a beast as well....also if you play CoD4 for some reason I have found nvidia cards to not like the smoke effects very much...my 8800GTS 512mb had a much higher framerate average of course, but would slow down quite a bit when there was a lot of smoke on the screen and that got on my nerves a bit. My 3850 doesn't do it nearly as much....hopefully even less when I get my 2nd card for crossfire.

I just sold the Ultra.

Soooo. Now I need to find the best/fastest card for the cheapest.

Looks like I might go with a GTS. Since its just as fast as what I had. But i'm undecided thus far still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom