Looking for a modern Thinkpad X201s replacement - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Old 06-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via ICQ to Cunjo Send a message via Yahoo to Cunjo
Default Looking for a modern Thinkpad X201s replacement

Hi All,

Lenovo discontinued their x__1s series notebooks after the X201s in 2010. Their newer models all feature slower processors, larger form factors, and a touchpad. Furthermore the newest lenovo laptops like the x240 no longer feature full docking stations with optical bays, or fully expandable memory, so I have little faith in Lenovo anymore to improve their design and come out with something I like in the near future.

Are there any good quality, rugged, compact, utilitarian, high-performance business subnotebooks that are an adequate replacement for the old series? Willing to consider just about any brand but HP. I'm really looking for something with an i7 processor, highly upgradeable memory, standard SATA3 SSD (no proprietary drives) and a high density display, that has a full featured docking station. Should have a nipple mouse if possible and either no touchpad, or one that can be disabled without impeding other functionality.
Cunjo is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On