Looking for a MoBo with very narrow characteristics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

klevenskiy

Baseband Member
Hello.
I am in a very complicated situation concerning the building of my new PC.
The problem is I can't find a MoBo I need:

Support for 2 dual core CPUs
8x AGP slot
PCI-express slot
At least 8 gb memory support
Around 1 gHz FSB.

All help would be appreciated. Would have found it myself if not for the stupid AGP slot. I have a nice X800XT and don't wish to spend my money on upgrading it YET. However I want to have the option of upgrading to PCI-express in the future.

Thank you.

Are you talking about 2 Dual Core CPU's running on a Motherboard with 2 Sockets? with AGP & PCI Express?

Or are you just talking about (1) Dual Core CPU on a Motherboard with 1 Socket? with AGP & PCI Express?

The first one you absolutely WILL NOT find. Nor would there be a need for it in a NON-SERVER PC. If it was a server PC then I don't suppose you'd be interested in keeping a X800XT, which is a gaming GPU.

The second one is available. There are several Motherboards that have both AGP & PCI Express slots. They only have one CPU Socket. I've seen them for both LGA775 & Socket 939. There are a few for s478 also. As far as (1) Dual Core goes, you'd have to check with the mobo maker and find out if dualies are compatible. There might possibly be a BIOS flash.

But (2) Dual Core with (2) Sockets & AGP & PCI-Express? Never going to find that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom