Looking for a good AM2+ board...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a good AM2+ board for the Phenom...

I was thinking of this DFI:
Newegg.com - DFI LP UT 790FX-M2R AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

or possibly the cheaper DFI version....

How come there's only like 3 good boards out there for the Phenom??? lol

Why you want to pay a lot of money for that motherboard ?

You can save a lot of money and get a better CPU buy getting this motherboard and Q6600

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Retail

If you are planning to SLI then get this motherboard
Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Retail

Even the high-end intel motherboard like X38 is cheaper than this overpriced AMD motherboard
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX38-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

You can save a lot of money and get a better CPU buy getting this motherboard and Q6600

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Retail

Even the high-end intel motherboard like X38 is cheaper than this overpriced AMD motherboard
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX38-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

I cancelled my order and I am also returning the Phenom tonight...I have decided instead of spending money now, I will wait until the new Phenoms come out and get the other hardware for a little cheaper.

Instead I will be getting Vista 64 bit tonight and also some memory for my spare PC.

I don't think there are any nForce Chipsets that even support AM2+ (aka Phenoms) right now

I think Tomshardware posted something about this... lemme check their site right now

My board does, i had to do a bios update for the 5000+ and it has full phenom support as well. so does the m2n sli deluxe, which is the sli version of my board.

Newegg.com - ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

open box
Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

well it has full phenom support but wont support fully, the higher FSB of the phenoms.

Oh well. Itll support everything else...i dont really feel like buying a new board and reinstalling and all that crap, at least not now. Id rather save up and do a full overhaul like next year.

ya i plan on getting higher Phenoms too, probably can hold of until i get the 45nm Phenoms or something.

im reinstalling Windows Vista, because my computer had so many bugs in the network, even though i posted a hijackthis log, i just couldnt stand it anymore. Right now my computer is having a problem reinstalling after i formatted the whole HDD. I think im missing a boot file i wasnt suppose to delete or something.

he has said in another thread that he doesn't want/like Intel at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom