Looking for a gaming mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
j369852147412 said:
the perfect combination is mx518 with a piece of white paper taped to my desk. super smooth surface for the mouse to slide on. its perfect.

the perfect combination is G5 with a piece of white paper taped to my desk. super smooth surface for the mouse to slide on. its perfect.

I find the G5 feels better, IDK, must be the rubber or something, but I don't get sweaty hands (or A sweaty hand!) using it.

Yeah, the copperhead is a pretty big adjustment from my last mouse, but im using 2000 dpi pretty well, i just need to find the best way to hold it.

It's not. The Habu is the new king. I should have a review of it done at the latest Tuesday, but probably Monday. As for the people using paper mouse pads, don't listen to them. They don't know what they are missing. The friction of the Teflon pads on paper is much more than the friction on a nice mouse pad such as the thunder 8. It's like it's gliding on ice that was fresh rolled by the Zamboni.

The Habu is made by Razor.. it is pretty much identical .. just get the MX518, its a great mouse and you can get it on sale all over the place.

Dude.. it is the same thing only with a Microsoft logo on it. There are a couple of little things that reviewers can write about to spice it up (like anything else that is NEW), but nothing that will make a performance difference. Besides, it is $70 US ... why would you spend that when you could get an MX518 for $30 US and even get a couple of additional features!

I didn't know the MX518 had swappable thumb buttons, I must have missed that! ...

It's not $70, I got it for $60 on newegg. Maybe it costs more than the MX518, because, oh, could it that it is a superior mouse? It is NOT the same as a copperhead. The design is totally different. It is made to be much more comfortable and ergonomic. This time around the mouse was made especially for people who use the mouse in their right hand, and as such it is able to have more comfort than a mouse that can be used in either hand such as the copperhead. It's body closely resembles the Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0, which was a supremely comfortable mouse, and it uses rubberized side grips and buttons.

But IMO the best feature that was added is the swappable side buttons, so you can get them just to your liking in accordance with where you place your thumb, and having the 6th and 7th buttons under the scroll wheel is a much better location than on the right side, as they can now be easily pressed with your index finger.

First off... Noone in this thread said that the MX518 had swappable thumb buttons. I have held both the habu and the copperhead and they feel the same to me, other than the "swappable side buttons".. but when it comes down to it.. wouldn't those swappable buttons fall off or become inaffective much sooner than a stationary set of buttons? Just because of the mobility.. leading to loose buttons.. leading to lost buttons ??
--Just a thought there.. I don't own one but I know about them and have read into them as well. I guess you would have to replace the mouse due to other feature loss before the buttons but even still... twice the price for a mouse that is virtually no more performance beneficial... "that just don't make no sense at all" to me, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom