Looking for a computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse7

In Runtime
Well the only thing I would be able to reuse from my old computer is its case, a Antec 900. So I need OS, cd drive everything etc, I plan to overclock. Im looking to just play moderate games like call of duty 4, but if I can get something that would last me 5 or so years that would be great. My budget is $600 for this build.

Yeah, that's a great combo deal. And of course, it's cheaper than when I bought it a week ago. Figures.

Kudos to the 650TX, the rest of the build looks alright, except for RAM. Get these:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

5 bucks more, better timings, awesome overclocking RAM.

EDIT: Grab it before it goes back up to 60 bucks by the way. It's been fluctuating lately. If it goes back up to 60 bucks, it's up to you if you want to grab it, but at that cost, I'd recommend upgrading to the 1066 pair instead of the 800 pair.

I hate to say it, but a $600 build won't hold out for 5 years. 2-3 years is possible, but anymore than 3 years for a high-resolution/high-settings gaming PC is not really possible on that budget. A good i7 build with a GTX 285 and 6GB of RAM would last you a good while, plus be easy to upgrade with one or two more GTX 285's and more RAM, but you couldn't get those parts for your budget :(

I lasted playing medieval total war 2, rome total war, starcraft, and battlefield 2 on the lowest settings with a pci video card, and a pentium 4 process for like 6 years. Depending on his standards it could be done.. lol.

^I guess that is true. If you don't mind slowly watching your resolutions and settings decrease over the years, you could last it out.

I checked out your site surgevel, and i'm not sure if you realized your budget builds are the same price as your top rigs. Also, when you click purchase it leads you to a page cannot be found.

I hate to say it, but a $600 build won't hold out for 5 years. 2-3 years is possible, but anymore than 3 years for a high-resolution/high-settings gaming PC is not really possible on that budget. A good i7 build with a GTX 285 and 6GB of RAM would last you a good while, plus be easy to upgrade with one or two more GTX 285's and more RAM, but you couldn't get those parts for your budget :(

Oh really? well I only play on 1440/900 resolution, if I wanted my computer to last at least as long as my previous one did, four years, what parts would you reccomend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom