Looking to buy a new Desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnknownGamer101

Solid State Member
Hello, I am looking to buy a new desktop and I was wondering if I should buy a Area-51 7500 or Dell 710 H2C. I am an extreme gamer and is looking for performance, so if any one could tell me which one I should get and why please tell me because I am on the fence with this because I like the fact the the Dell is over clocked, but the alienware has a newer motherboard and faster ram and I don't know which one to chose.thx

build your own cheaper and quality parts if anything breaks you will probably be able to fix it yourself within a day or so by ordering one new part once uve identified which one.

Matt

Hate to tell you this, but [almost] no one here is going to encourage you to buy a premade, nor help you with the choice.

I'll be the first to try to persuade you to build your own.

Why build your own?

1.) It's your computer. It's your parts, you're free to do with them what you want... No locked BIOS, No having to order parts via the manufacturer, ect.

2.) Ever build anything? Remember that sensation of going "Hey, I just built something.. **** yeah"

3.) It's cheaper.

4.) It's not hard. Trust me, it's not. I went from not knowing a single things about building computers, to having my own rig running 1.34Ghz over stock. You're honestly going to have a harder time selecting parts.

~

I know what you mean, but I don't have the time either because of school. I also want a premade so there isn't any hassle and to get warranty with performance. I know its cheaper but I not really worried about the price difference I am just curious because I have been trying to decide to get for about 2 weeks know and I can't decide and I just want others opinions. thx for the post

Well let me tell u the specs
dell:Intel® Core™2 Extreme QX6700 (8MB,3.2GHz Factory overclocked)
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition with re-installation CD
Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 DIMMs
320GB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 160GB SATA 3Gb/s 10,000 RPM HDDs)
Dual Drives: 48x Combo + 16x DVD+/-RW w/ dbl layer write capable
No Monitor
Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX, 768 MB
AGEIA® PhysX® physics accelerator
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card

Alienware:Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX6700 2.66GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 - Free Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium!Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard 4GB DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 x 1024MB 250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 8MB Cache 18X Dual Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Burner w/ Nero Software Dual 768MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 GTX - SLI Enabled - Requires 1000W Power Supply! Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply SLI Ready! Ageia PhysX Processing Unit w/ 128MB GDDR3 - Intensified Gaming Visual Effects!

Ok lets cut the slack off here with the alienware:

I highly doubt you will need a quad core games hardly utilize the dual core so quad is more a braggin kinda thing and is not really needed unless you really want to have 5 different games open in the background at the same time. 680i motherboard is known to be buggy and is not completely trusted yet so a bit risky, 4gb of ram is only needed for graphical designers and engineers who use extreme cad programs, I also heard that windows xp doesnt recognise ram larger then 3.75gb and any more jst doesnt get used but that may just be a rumour. 8800gtx cards have physics cards built in to them so an extra one is not needed. The system doesnt require 1000w a good 700watt would be good enough.

Matt

Also out of curiosity can you over clock the the alienware processor without voiding the warranty, if so or not does it rally affect performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom