Looking to buy new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

1998ls1

Beta member
Im sure you guys get this alot but this is my first post and im looking for a new computer my budget is 1000 to 1500 depending on what comes along. I spend alot of time traveling and i loathe being away from my xbox and ps3 so im looking for something i can play games (like crysis, call of duty and other mainstream games), listen to music and preferably have a larger monitor im not to conserned with portability as much as i am with performance. My father has always been a hardcore dell guy and wants me to make a purchase through his account so anything from them would be great. But ive heard that more computer savy people dont like dell and think its very expensive and not enough "bang for the buck" i also looked at alienware and a few others and cant seem to grasp the concept of what i need and dont to make this computer fit for my needs. If someone a little more educated in this area can point me in the right direction and make a few suggestions your help would be greatly appreciated. Im looking for a pre built system i dont realy have time for a build with this comp with finals around the corner and a very busy schedule looks like next time ill indulge myself with a build but for now looks like im in the market for a pre built system.

thanks -ls1

(If this is in the wrong section moderators feel free to move it, thanks again ls1)

With your budget, you can go i7 pretty easily.

Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - ASUS VW224U Black 22" 2ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ HDCP Support 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 5000:1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

All that comes to a total of $1,289.92, which coincidentally is after shipping since it's all free. :D

Now, for a case, that's a personal preference call. I picked a few decent ones for you to pick from, they all have free shipping. Just add the cost to the total.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

You can also look around for the cases that don't have free shipping if you like, up to you.

He did say pre-built. But that monster computer will destroy any prebuilt. It doesn't take long to build a computer. My new build in the signature took a max of a few hours. And that was because I was being stupid using the wrong cd to install drivers for my network card.

There's no point money wise to go with a prebuilt...so I just priced a custom one anyway.

Phil, good call on the PSU.

In my haste I failed to mention I am in the market for a laptop sorry for the inconvience.

I will rep all that replied thanks for the help.

-ls1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom