looking to build my first computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pman860507

Solid State Member
hello new to this and have never built a computer before so i dont really know everything that goes into it. i have a budget of $1000 though the cheaper the better. i play game on it sometimes. really all i want is something that will run fast. i would like a 1tb hard drive. i do not need an OS atm i can get that myself. i do not know anything about overclocking so i will not need anything that can cope with that. i did not know if anyone could help me with a build.

thanks for your help

So you game sometimes, you want a 1TB HDD, you want something fast, and your budgets $1000, but the cheaper the better. This build is assuming when you do game you're not maxing out all settings and playing at 1920x1080p, you have a mouse, keyboard, and monitor. The case really is by your preference, I just chose one that's known to be a solid one with good air flow. Oh and also assuming you live in North America haha.

Case- Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
PSU- Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
DVD drive- Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
HDD- Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive (bare drive) - Internal Hard Drives
Mobo- Newegg.com - Foxconn A79A-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
CPU- Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 920 2.8GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
RAM- Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Video Card- Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100258-1GL Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Total comes to $806.89 w/ free shipping.

If you need any help putting it together their are plenty of us who are happy to help guide ya through it.

you dont need 2 dvd drives to copy a dvd. Theres a few free tools that can do that for you. and for a $1000 why not an i7? just curious

you dont need 2 dvd drives to copy a dvd. Theres a few free tools that can do that for you. and for a $1000 why not an i7? just curious

I assumed he was talking about wanting to burn a DVD directly from a DVD.

okay so say i do not have a monitor and i wanted good rez.

Well whats your price?

If you're going to go with an ATI 4850 video card and you do some light gaming, 1680x1050 would do you just fine.

I've always been a fan of Acer products, this one is really common and really cheap-

Newegg.com - Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - LCD Monitors

yes i was talking about burning dvd to dvd

and im glad you chose that monitor it was the monitor i was looking at. even if the monitor is over my budget atm i could always use my tv till i get a monitor like i did with my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom