Looking to build gaming machine - $700-$800 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abgrund

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am looking to build a gaming computer with a motherboard that will be allow for future upgrades. My budget is $700-$800. I already have a monitor, mouse and keyboard, so I won't need those. Do y'all have any suggestions on builds that will fit my budget?

Thank you for your time and help! It is much appreciated!

Thank you so much for the replies! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it.

What is the current thinking on AMD vs. Intel chips these days? Do people recommend intel over amd or are they on equal footing?

Thank you so much for the replies! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it.

What is the current thinking on AMD vs. Intel chips these days? Do people recommend intel over amd or are they on equal footing?

If you want a motherboard with upgrade options AMD is the way to go these days, as Intel likes to switch sockets every new release, while AMD has been trying to keep the AM* sockets alive.

amd has more options if you have a lower budget, while intel pulls away in performance if you're willing to spend more money for it.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1787529 said:
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

He could get that case/PSU combo and save $10

(I think that case is better than the Antec 300, but that's personal opinion. :p Though the PSU is definitely better than that Earthwatts.)

I'm not sure how that psu is better than the EA650w, it has less amps on the +12v rails and is from a company I've never heard of.

As far as the case I agree it's personal opinion but that said I couldn't be happier with my 300.

I'm not sure how that psu is better than the EA650w, it has less amps on the +12v rails and is from a company I've never heard of.

As far as the case I agree it's personal opinion but that said I couldn't be happier with my 300.

Wow, sorry, you're completely right lol
I was thinking it was a different Antec PSU like a Basiq or something, my bad.
LOL
Wow...
That Seventeam PSU even only has a 1 year warranty. -phew-
Good catch.
No idea where my mind was.

I was possibly being influenced by the demon in me that hates Antec. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom