Looking at AMD x2 3600's

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brisbane will run cooler, because of it's smaller 65nm process, and has more cache. I'd get the Brisbane.

it also will (quite likely w/ the right mobo) pull a higher overclock than the windsors. as in 3ghz +.
i am thinking seriously of getting one myself (like today) along with a nforce 590 mobo...
haven't decided which one yet, probably the foxconn.
and probably some g skill hk's so i can see if sora is FOS or not, lol.

i say definitely get a 590 chipset. apokalipse has told me, and all research i have done point to the 590 being an overclocking monster with the am2. especially this little 65nm brisbane cpu.
i just haven't narrowed it down. i know ecs has a 590 mobo for like less than 100.00, but dont know what the oc options are like.
i have read that the foxconn w/590 can oc am2 WELL past 3ghz. thats probably the one i will go with.

so can u show me a build for $800-$900 that has that brisbane and junk, i will be OC'ing the monster, so I want a good cooler in it (or does the AMD Stock Cooler do good, like the Intel one) video card, maybe a sound card i'm not entirely sure, but if u can squeeze it in the budget thats cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom