lol...friend's stupid video card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshonen8899

In Runtime
My friend being computer retarded accidently disabled his video adapter while trying to update his video card driver and now the screen shows up blank after the the windows loading screen is finished. I remember a situation in the past where I had the same problem and fixed it pretty easily...but i forgot it :p

Anyone wanna help me out here?

put in a cheap gfx card, and boot off of that one and re enable onboard video.

I Don't think he can even see the POST screen, because his adapter is DISABLED!

What you would want to do is to get the Manual of the Motherboard, look for a jumper called "CMOS" or "CCMOS" or "JCMOS" [if you found JCMOS, then there would be another jumper right next to it called CCMOS or just CMOS] now look up in your mobo manual for what settings does that Jumper need to be set on in order to wipe your BIOS, once you set up the jumper, plug the computer and run it for like 30 seconds, then turn it off using the power button [long press for like 10 secs] then put the jumper into default settings again and open the computer again,your BIOS should be now wiped back to default and everything should work just fine, just don't forget to set up date and hour again! hehe.

-Jo.

Try booting up , hit F8 as if you were going to safe mode, and then select VGA compatibility mode. If that doesnt work, is tehre a DVI port on the graphics, card? if so, get an adapter and plug it into that one. Finally, you might be able to remote into his computer and turn it on.

Also, a PE cd might work, not sure tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom