Little help on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

opaquee

Solid State Member
Hello, I've read these forums for some time trying to figure out if anyone is in a similar situation as I am. My old computer is nearing the 6 year mark and is definitely nearing its death and so I decided to look to get a new computer.

I usually game quite a bit, but I also work on my computer. I am not looking to get a machine that would run Crisis at over 30 fps at max settings, but if I could fit it in my budget it would be great :) I am looking at something that would handle the U3 engine fairly well as that is the engine the game I mostly play is on.

I am looking at something totaling under $650, so far the best I've come up with is I found a fairly good deal (i think) at Costco: Costco - ZT Q8200 Core 2 Quad 4GB DDR2 750GB HDD NVIDIA Graphics

I am planning on adding a video card to it over the build in one: SAPPHIRE 100265L Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

So basically, what I'd like to ask is this. How good is this setup? Is there a better purposed video card I could get within $30-40 range of the one I linked? Is there a possibility of overclocking the 8200?

And lastly if there any any better setups I could get (essentially everything that the Costco one has in terms of hardware/OS + the vid card) around +-$100 price range of what I already have picked out?

Thank you ahead of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom