Liquid cooling... to liquid cool or not?

frldyz

In Runtime
First I want to thank everyone for their response about SATA III connections. It helped a lot.

As I mentioned I am building this PC from the ground up
It's purpose will be a basic computer. But at some point I would like to get into some gaming. I don't think I'll get too serious into it.
Like I mentioned this is a basic purpose PC. I would like to getsome software to do some editing on our family videos at some point in time

My next question is cooling.
I have an i7 4790k. Its more of a processor then I need. But I got a screaming deal on it @ Microcenter for $250!
Everyone has told me to replace the fan as it sucks.
I do not intend to overclock.

But I am taking this build serious. Money is not an issue. I would like to put the best parts on/in it to get the most out of it. And hopefully get more longevity.

When I was @ Micro center the lady had recommended I go with a closed loop liquid cooling system. And toss the i7 fan in the garbage.

Is liquid cooling way to much of an overkill for my needs. I know its more then is necessary. But will it negatively hurt to go with liquid cooling. Or would I get better performance out of an air cooled unit.

I have a Corsair 760t case. So room and venting is not a problem.

Thanks in advance everyone.

I would like to take advantage of my 760t panel window and show of my build.

Like I said in the other thread (which a new one wasn't necessary), the H100i is a bit much. Especially if you don't plan to ever overclock. I think something a little more conservative like an H90 might be a bit better.

For general use with no OC you could go with water cooling but in reality it's really just wasting money, I have the stock fan and had plans to go to a closed loop like your thinking but I've had zero issues with using the stock fan, it's your money but I would wait and if it runs fine on stock stay with it but if any heat issues arise you could add it later.

Dauntae

Back
Top Bottom