Liquid Cooling Flow Indicators - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
MechEng Extraordinaire
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via AIM to cwiz
Default Liquid Cooling Flow Indicators

anyone know of a good flow indicator for my new rig?

there's this one by thermaltake:

Clicky Clicky

and this one by zalman:

Clicky Clicky

I dont really care about the price difference, I'm more worried about the pressure drop caused by each one (putting unnes stress on my pump)
i've got the Coolmaster 80
Clicky Clicky

The Thermaltake indicator accepts 1/4-1/2" ID tubing while the Zalman only takes 3/8". The Thermaltake makes a 90* turn, which will prob cause a big press drop,as opposed to the Zalman's straight flow design.... but the bigger ID may counter act that. anyone got some advice, or am i gonna have to do the calculations myself?

p.s. the ID of my system is 1/4"
Change the world
PS3 -> Folding as we speak Team# 64582
cwiz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.