Liquid Cooling or Fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hello, as a few of you know, I'm buying a new pre-built pc to game on. I have already finalized my setup...except for the cooling part. What should I get? Liquid cooling, or extra fans?

Here click this: http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=119

Scroll down to the processor cooling option? Which one should i select? Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink, Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink + 2 Extra Color Lighting Case Fans, or CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit.

The reason why I am asking this is because I don't want to take the risk of asking for liquid cooling if all it's going to do is spring a leak when i power on the pc and screw up all my stuff... Would choosing the 2 extra fan option be the safe route to go since there is no liquid involved?

Also, I do not plan on overclocking my rig in any sort of way. Thanks for your help.

:)

Yes liquid cooling is better then air cooling, but if you're worried and since you're not OCing...then stick with air I guess.

If your getting a prebuilt pc dont bother with liquid cooling

It just doesnt have any benefits for what your going to be using the computer for.

Ok thanks. Its good knowing that the new Conroes tend to run pretty cool naturally, so it's even less of a risk not going liquid. I'll just play the safe route and go with the two extra fans (and take $35 off the price tag in the process lol).

Feel free to keep replying.

well...if ya gotz the money...do liquid cooling. It is better.

I don't do it personally because it's more a hassle BUT if you're going pre-built and having whoever you're buying it from install it (assuming) you shouldn't worry about leakage and damage since I would think they would cover their own work. If they don't then you should buy elsewhere, lol.

You can get liquid systems that are designed to cool more than just the cpu too. Also, I didn't click any links but if you don't overclock...and have a rather refined looking case, ie., entertainment center style, you could use that sucker for a noise free media center.

i'd say get it...for $54 i'd say get it. Conroes OC like crazy and even though you're not planning on OCing it'd still be worth the investment. Later on when you're looking to get a new CPU you could just OC it to get another 33% outa the thing. If you screw up cuz ur not experienced (though it's hard to do) then you're not out of anything really cuz you were gonna get a new CPU anyways.

that's my five cents. take what you want from it.

*EDIT* i've already heard people OCing to 3.6 *ON AIR*.

aspire.comptech said:
I said it before and ill say it agin

Waste of money for your situation

Thread is over. :p

On a more serious note, if you're not overclocking, why go with a better cooling system? To put it another way, if you're not going to drive fast, why buy a fast car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom