Liquid Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostrida

Solid State Member
Working on gettin a new PC priced and I'm wondering if the liquid cooling towers are really worth it? Now I have a thermaltake fan on my CPU and 11 case fans and my tower stays pretty cool. If liquid cooling is necessary what would dictate having to have it?

Liquid cooling is not needed unless your a heavy overclocker, OR do not like noise.

In the end it cools better but costs alot more to buy, configure properly, and maintain.

Theres also the possibility of it leaking and frying some parts.

So for now Ill take good old fans. IMO.

Plus if you like to go to LAN parties, it's not a practical system at all to lug around.

well depends on what liquid cooling system, nubius told me that its not worth it to buy one under 250 or so. i trust him too. hes smart

I could care less about noise but I want to build a system that is really upgrade oriented, overclocking included, and I want this one to last a few years with minor upgrades. Will it keep your tower like a fridge and allow an infinite number of upgrades and overclocks or is it just a little help to lowering the ambient temp? Take the Thermaltake Tai-Chi for an example.

Plus if you like to go to LAN parties, it's not a practical system at all to lug around.
Ehh, have you ever had liquid cooling and gone to LANs? If not then you shouldn't be making comments you know nothing about.

At the LAN party my friend holds monthly, he brings two water cooled computers, both of which he took to the newegg LAN an hours drive away....I also bring my water cooled tower, also took mine to the newegg LAN, and theres one other guy at the LAN who was watercooling with 2 more people to look into putting it in their system.

Sooo yeah, basically I'm going to say your statement against water cooling is completely wrong.

well depends on what liquid cooling system, nubius told me that its not worth it to buy one under 250 or so.
nah you can go cheaper than that, $250 is basically if you wanted CPU and GPU as well since both blocks are $50 then you need a $75 so theres $175 right there...it'll hit $250 depending on what heatercore or radiator you went with and how much of the expensive tubing you get, etc..etc..

As far as upgrading goes, nothing stops your upgrading dude. Switching out cards would be kind of a pain assuming you wanted to try and get the GPU block off without emptying the liquid in your system which is indeed possible if you're careful.

It will keep your parts significantly cooler though....basically you'd never have to worry about heat being a factor with the GPU or CPU assuming you had both cooled.

phase change WOOOT

Water cooling is good and will greatly reduce the gap between ur idle and load temps. but if u want a really xtreme sollution then phasechange is the way to go. with it ur temps will be somwhere between -10 to -170 but if u want to buy a premade system it will set u back around $1000-$1200 australian

the only realistic way to do phasechange (for me at least) is to make ur own here's a good guide
http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=713&s=1
http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=714&s=1

with it ur temps will be somwhere between -10 to -170
uhh no....don't recommend something that's clearly not for the average user dude....sure water cooling may be somewhat looked upon as 'more advanced' but if you have half a brain it really isnt whereas phase change is a whole other level of 'xtreme'

a normal phase change set up is -45C....you only will start hitting upwards of -120C if you are using a triple cascade phase change unit.

cheesus.... Id rather stick a box fan in front of my computer than have all that phase change bs on it. Where do you stick the beer in that computerfridge shorty?

Do Sli and dual cores need more cooling than just regular setups or is LC just for overclocking basically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom