"Line" input

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathville

In Runtime
At the back of my PC, I notice that there is an output which says "line." The card this supplies this output is getting is just barely fitting in with my new gfx card (its a bit thicker than anticipated). It blocks half the fan of the card. Its not an audio input; it looks more like a place where i can put an ethernet cable. Though Im already putting that in a different place. So I'm wondering, can I get rid of the "line" output without anything bad happening?

Hi,

What does the port on the expansion card look like? Is it an RJ11 port?

If it looks like an Ethernet port, but smaller, the expansion card is likely to be a dial-up modem. Regardless, if you're not using the expansion card, you can remove it.

Hi,

What does the port on the expansion card look like? Is it an RJ11 port?

If it looks like an Ethernet port, but smaller, the expansion card is likely to be a dial-up modem. Regardless, if you're not using the expansion card, you can remove it.

Ok ya on careful examination it is a bit smaller than an Ethernet port. I'll try removing it and see what I get.

Sounds like a dial-up modem, those are usually PCI or PCIe cards with two phone jacks. They're used for connecting your PC to the phone line for dial-up Internet but nobody really uses them anymore. The only other thing "Line" could mean is audio line-in, but that is usually integrated into the motherboard itself and has a small round blue connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom