Lifespan of Thermal Grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
b1gapl,

I read somewhere that I'm not supposed to run the CPU constantly during the set in period. Rather I should just use the computer normally and it will set in. I've been turning off the computer at night.

supposedly...if u put it on high load during the day...it heats up the paste and allows it to settle it...then if u shut it off at night...it'll solidify making it more effective...basically..use it during the day..turn it off at night during the set in period

I could swear that AS5 says it is good for a year, but i could be wrong.

meh its probably good for forever but the best performance is within a year and then you could expect an extra 0.5C per year after

They are a company and so make money if you re-purchase there product. No point making the perfect car because who would want to buy a new one after 3 years

What happens for thermal grease to "cure" or "set in"??? :confused: And why does it take 200 hours to do so?

Thanks so much!

it drops the temperature because its like hardening.. instead of being a liquid-ish..

unless you see a temperature fluctuation of 5%, or you're an extreme overclocker where every little 0.1C mattered then I would never change it.

It's just a pain in the *** sometimes.

I screw around with my computer so much that my TIM will never expire. At some point my ds3r is going to become the platform for my HTPC and im REALLY thinking about getting one of the new gigabyte x38 boards when the new ATI video cards come out. Woo dual pcie x16 crossfire.

Huh? Ich verstehe nicht, veedupfreak. What do you mean by TIM, DS3R, HTPC, yada yada ... und so weiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom