Lian Li case

Status
Not open for further replies.
That case doesn't seem optimal...it looks sort of small; cramped if you will. Maybe enough room for a good sized motherboard, but where are all the wires going to go? Plus there is no room to add extra fans if you need more for some reason. I'm trying to imagine the "flowchart" of how the air is going to go in that case, and it just doesn't seem cool enough....and I know you aren't planning on watercooling because it's a mid-sized tower, not a full sized tower

The only Mid sized tower I've really liked is the antec 900, which comes with enough stock fans to run the Q6600 at acceptable temperatures, even with my crappy cable managment. Room for more fans in the future, too.

But Full sized towers are awesome.

And take a look at that detailed thread involving overclocking temperatures, and you can get a feel for what everyone is doing with their E or Q processors. I am loving my Q6600-g0, it's more than enough for everything I've thrown at it so far, STOCK. Way more than enough. I just want to ensure that it runs cool and lives a happy life, I don't think I even need to overclock, but in the future I probably will slightly.

But that case, looks real nice, won't serve you real great. At least I don't think so

actually the reviews on newegg.com are pretty good for that case...maybe i am soured on it since my generic PC-club case from 5 years ago (last build) looked almost exactaly like that, but involved more cheap plastic than metal

The air is actually sucked in from the back into the cpu via scoop and the front intake fan and the exhaust is the 80mm fan up top and the 120 mm side fan
Lian Li Industrial Co., Ltd.
If you scroll down it shows how the air moves in the case. I might just end up getting a Gigabyte 570. I love that case and its all aluminum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom