LGA 775 SLi Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
alrighty, i'm looking for a good SLi mobo thats conroe supportive.... i'm not too fond of the 680i because of its insane price.....

if someone can convince me though.. i may consider... but, whats so great about it?? i don't see its advantages..... does it really oc in better than anything else out there...

anyway, i'm looking at the asus p5b deluxe.. that seem to be a very nice SLi board.

i know somebody here has had experience with an asus p5b deluxe.. or any 680i chipset... i just need feedback people.... upgrading very soon... geforce 8 kinda upgrading.. and i needa know whats best

all i can tell you is that bar the useless heat sensor, the badaxe is a nice board.
OC's very well with new bios, and yes it DOES do SLI.

blaackoran said:
all i can tell you is that bar the useless heat sensor, the badaxe is a nice board.
OC's very well with new bios, and yes it DOES do SLI.

i'd need hacked drivers, and an SLi bridge later on down the road.. and how's the layout.. with 2 cards in, would i have a pci slot left over for my x-fi?

omg nosboost, don't know if you remember but you helped me out in you e6600 oc thread and i got myn up to 3.6 ghz @ 1.45v....still waiting for my as5 to cure again (had to reset the HSF) so i might get higher:D . Thanx agian for the help.

Now ill try to help you out. Don't get the p5b-deluxe for sli...new egg says it has 2 pci-e x16 slots, but only one of them can go to x4. You still could run sli with it but with x16 x4 it would suck.

The 680i is really the only chipset that was actually designed for the conroe and not just a substution chipset like the nforce4, 570, 590 which were really meant for amd.

Might want to give a skim through this thread to get a better idea, but i still plan to get a 680i next year (if nothing better comes out) for my conroe.

edit: if the 680i are still too much....650i review ...but its x8 x8 but its a choice....better then the p5b-deluxe with x16 x4 though :p

edit edit: nvm....started to get more into the thread (only got to page 2 last night before i went to bed) and now im scared. Looks like the striker is the only decent 680i board out but its $400 :eek:

Man, its crazy. If anyone is planing to buy a high end PC now a days, what are they meant to do??

If you start reasearching the 680i you'll find all sorts of crazy problems. Hit the Evga page and it gets even worse. People are really mad!!

The Asus striker looks like a great board. it really does, I love it. But for 400?? come on. thats freakin crazy!!

What should one do!? wait for a new 680i version? hold off the buy till next year? is it a hardware problem? What the sam hill!

its so annoying how all these sata issues and OC issues are coming up now.

NosBoost300 said:
i'd need hacked drivers, and an SLi bridge later on down the road.. and how's the layout.. with 2 cards in, would i have a pci slot left over for my x-fi?

Well i love the layout, and those little flame shaped blue heatsinks..haha

as for pcie/pci slots...its got 3 pcie x16 slots... so youd be prepared for some crazy setup later... like that 3 video card thing ati showed not long ago.

Its got two pci slots, with 2 gpu cards you would have lots of room, and possibly even with 3 graphics cards.

This is intels flagship board after all, i expected to get the best and it comes pretty close

after giving it a close look, 2 double wide cards you can fit a xi-fi no problem.

3 single slot cards, you can fit you xi-fi too.

3 double wide...i dunno if it will fit, but hey the onboard is the best onboard audio ive seen...my SB audigy 2ZS didnt even have an optical audio input like the onboard of the badaxe has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom