LG monitors vs Samsung monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Alright, since I've been hearing that monitors are a long term investment... I've found myself switching back and forth between all types of monitors.

Someone suggested this LG 20" 3000:1 monitor. $240
Newegg.com - LG L206WTY-BF Black 20" 2ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 3000:1 - Retail
Looks like a good monitor, I don't understand why it's not as popular as the Samsungs... this LG seems to have WAY better specs for only $30-$40 more.

Is the LG 3000:1 correct? Or is that DC? Samsung only has 3000:1 DC, regular is about 1000:1. Makes it seem like the LG 3000:1 is really high.

Oh, and I read in a gaming magazine that they saw some ghosting in 5ms LCD monitors (maybe b/c it wasn't a Samsung??). And the Samsung 2ms had no ghosting. Makes me not want to buy this: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 204BW Black 20" 6ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with Height Adjustments 300 cd/m2 700:1 - Retail $199 (at Costco)
because it is a 6ms.

What I will do is purchase the Samsung 204bw 6ms monitor and test it out. If I don't like it, then I'll return it.

Anyone have any advice on which monitor is good?
Is there a MAJOR difference between a 3000:1 and 700:1 contrast ratio?

Funny you should post this, I owned an LG monitor until two days ago when my house got burgled. Whilst in the market for a new monitor I came across the Samsung Syncmaster 226BW (2ms 3000:1 DC) and I have to say so far it is amazing. I would rate it much higher than the LG, it's something about the picture and build of it. When you are handling it, it feels solid and well made and it is quite aesthetically appealing too. Just my 2 cents, feel free to disregard my opinion if you want.

Raziel

yeah i saw the samsung the other week makes my dell3007wfp look like crap however im waiting for a diffirent monitor to come out before i purchase a new one. Although i would have to say go with the 2ms one, you dont really gett ghosting unless you got an extremely razy action scene going on anyway.

I would take Samsung because of their quality image and product, but that doesn't mean LG is good. From what I here, they're of pretty good quality too. Just depends on the price, you want to pay.

I would take Samsung because of their quality image and product, but that doesn't mean LG is good. From what I here, they're of pretty good quality too. Just depends on the price, you want to pay.

The Samsung he posted is outdated, there are newer Samsung that have higher specs but they are more expensive. But the one he posted is now old.

The LG LCD he posted is newer and better and it will produce better image quality

I have that LG, and let me tell you. I love it

i went to best buy and compared it to a Samsung before buying, and i like the LG alot better

either way you wont be dissapointed.

Thanks to everyone that gave their suggestions. I can see that it is all about PERSONAL preference (well, when it comes to Samsung vs LG, anyway). I think I'm gonna go with the SAMSUNG 906bw, since the 204bw is outdated/old (although I hear great things about it).

I really don't want to start another post, so here is another question. Does the "A"/"S" panel thing apply to the 906bw? Or is that only for the 226bw or w/e that monitor is...

If the A/S panel thing applies to the 906bw, then I don't want to risk getting one.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom