LED type display NEEDED Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

echobanzai

Beta member
hey guys,

newbie here, so i have no clue where to start, so i will ask from the ground up, and keep you guys abreast of my progress.

i am an artist, and i am working on a potentially cool new project, but i need help creating the technology. i want to be able to modify the tech, to make it look cool, you know?

ok, first up, does anyone know of any tech, that will allow me to show a line of words, on a LED like light device, the size of a watch or so? i would need the wearer to be able to read a sentence or so, from a poem.

so, if the poem has 20 lines, i would need this device, to be able to fit ONE ENTIRE LINE from the poem, for 37 seconds, then move on to the next line for 37 seconds, etc.

even better, if i could input the lines, myself, it would be even better, as i could hook it up to a computer, and access random poetry lines, to run over and over again.

i want the viewer to be able to read one entire line, per viewing, then move on to the next line.

is there a RIBBON, or something similar, that displays type, sort of like a STOCK TICKER? only thing is, i want it very small, and one i can hook up to my computer, so i can control the words being sent to the ribbon.

if anyone has any ideas, as to what this is called, or any leads, as to how i can build one myself, i would be greatful! heck, i will even invite you the opening, if the project comes out cool! ha.

OR, what is the smallest PDA like device, that will allow me to diplay MY own words?

so to finalize-

i need a ribbon like device, that displays words, like a stock ticker, which i control. even if it is the size of a watch, i can use it. but the biggest i can go, i think, is the size of a cell phone. so i need a type displaying device, which i can input, via a computer, the size of a cell phone, or smaller, and the smaller the better.

i would prefer a ribbon like device, because i could wrap it around a basketball, or something like that.

but, i could just rip apart a basketball, and stick a pda like device in there. but it would look a lot cooler, if i could have bands of type flying all over the sphere!

i can rip apart any device, if someone has ideas. i just need to be able to control the words.

thanks in advance.

Can some mod forward this to the ''Off Topic Discussion'' as frankly noone on this section and likely on ANY section will be able to help you.

Especially as i got lost after 30 seconds of reading mate.

Not to be rude but i think this is the wrong website to post.

Thanks anyway

i'd say the best place to start out would be to find a place that sells electronic components. and i dont mean radio shack, i mean a place that sells caps, fpgas, and things of that nature. youre probably going to have to learn how to program or get some kind of software that will allow you to. my boss at my last job did that kind of stuff for the raid controllers we used to make. it didnt look easy. there might be something out there that's kind of premade but youre gonna have to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom