LED Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
So I am shopping around for a new monitor (I already have a Samsung T240 and I love it) so I can run a dual set up. I was looking at ones on Newegg and want something in the 24inch market but 23 and maybe 22 are ok. I was wondering about the new LED technology in screens? Would it be worth it to go with something like Samsung - 23" Flat-Panel LED Monitor - Charcoal Gray - XL2370?

I am ok with my single monitor for now but it is getting annoying having to alt-tab stuff while playing a game... $300 would be my max (plus some tax if needed) so let me know what you guys think :) My current GPU is an EVGA GTX285 so that should be good to go dual screen right?

LED's look more vibrant and crisper IMO. Not sure if its enough to warrant an extra $150 though. Stop in a futureshop or best buy and look around, just to give yourself an idea of what you want.

LED:
increased viewing angle
better contrast and darker blacks (if it has "local dimming")
lower power consumption (if edge-lit)
higher power consumption (if local dimming")
better color accuracy (if RGB LED's or color wheel)
color accuracy the same if uses white led's

this is what i've read anyway. Personally i'm still using a CRT from 2001 :p

They aren't worth it. I work at Best Buy and trust me. Most of the opinions people have about LED's looking drop-dead amazing are purely due to the mighty power of the placebo. There's no debate about them being superior. But twice the price superior? Yeah right...

Most of them are edge-lit anyways, which defeats the purpose of LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom