Leadtek 6800gt (256mb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
After a long set-up trying to get everything to run smoothly, i began to install games and other software. The problem is, a few of my games screw up when i use them and i'm wondering if anyone else has some advice or the same problems. i have the forceware 81.85 from nVidia (latest?), nForce4 6.70 (again, latest?), chipset 6.65 (...)

Bet on Soldier uk 1.1 (came with cpu and mobo): once i begin to fight the enemy, within two minutes it turns gun fire into an ear shattering high-pitch noise. The game also freezes...

Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield: I'm at probly .5 fps or something.... it is increadibly slow, even with minimal setting

Any advice or dumb mistake i'm making? Or possibly an incompatible product of some kind? (hardware in sig)

thanks!

all the temps are fine and im pretty sure i put on the zelman fan the right way... i put the thermal paste on, flattened it, then put the cooler on

It could be overheating, when i played BF2 it would replay the sound then go into some screaming noise and the screen would sometimes go blah. But that was due to me OC"ing to far :eek: lol. And i guess your not OC"ing here so, i think you shuold check your temps during the game. and see if the zalman fan is running

Your sig is to big ;) 8 lines max with regular font, 14 with size 1 font :D

when i was playing Bet On Soldier, i got up to about 85 degrees or so. I was checking it every 20 seconds or so and i used software to measure the temperature... the nvidia software. The noise is usually started when either I or an enemy use a machine gun. Also, it only starts the high pitch shreek when the fighting begins, not when i blow up propane tanks, friendly fire, etc. i did notice this time, however, that the mouse is really laggy. ive had this mouse for a good three years and its never lagged...

with raven shield, i got to a whopping 73 degree peak... that game just doesnt work for me... after re-installing it the same problem comes up. It studders and like BOS, the mouse response is slow.

anyone have an idea whats going on?

i tried finding newer drivers/forceware, older ones, no luck... i did find something, however, that put creative at fault for BoS not working. THere are a ton of reports saying it is the sound card that "glitches up" and not the video card.

Any ideas/similar experiences with Raven Shield? (low fps, close to 1fps on lowest settings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom