lcd monitor....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryker_77

Baseband Member
i was thinking of gifting my younger brother a 19inch lcd monitor, i want it to be either samsung, lg or acer. the question i wanted to ask is 5ms response time good and there is no ghosting while playing games or movies??? or is it necessary for me to go with 2ms response time???
And i would also appreciate if anyone can recomend me some good lcds...:)

Budget?

The average human eye cant recognise the differences between a 2ms and a 15ms black to black time. A 8ms or lower will be fine but there is no point paying a premium for lower.

Famous Maker just means its a "name brand" monitor. They usually arent allowed to say what the actual brand is on sales because its probably cheaper than they are allowed to advertise by the manufacturer. Everyone has seen those commercials on tv that advertise like that.

How about samsung 933bw from newegg? It is a bit over my range but i will go with it if the extra cost is justified...?

Yea the Samsung 933BW is nice too. The Acer I suggested has a better contrast ratio and comes with a DVI cable. Not sure if that matters to you or not, but I'm not sure if the 933BW does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom