Latest nvidia drivers for Geforce 8 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
I'm a bit confused, right now I updated the latest drivers on EVGAs website for my 8800 gtx which is 158.45, on nvidias website however they list the latest driver as 158.24 ( this is all for the OS Vista 32 bit )...so I'm confused...which do I get and which is the latest?

I'm a bit confused, right now I updated the latest drivers on EVGAs website for my 8800 gtx which is 158.45, on nvidias website however they list the latest driver as 158.24 ( this is all for the OS Vista 32 bit )...so I'm confused...which do I get and which is the latest?

I believe the 158.45, is the beta drivers for the 8 series. Look at this page

Hope this helps, the 158.24, are the current realese drivers, that are not in beta testing.

Maybe you should just stick with the latest confirmed drivers. But if you see no problem with the latest BETA drivers, it's ok.

hmmm wondering what I should go with...

The beta drivers are supposed to help fix the TDR problem. Its a major issue with most Nvidia cards, and the problem has yet to be resolved. If you get the error, it will say (if your running vista) "Display Driver has stopped responding, and has recoverd. Error=nvlddmkm. Im experiencing this, so I currently can not play any games except for Solitare, and it appears to be Nvidias problem only.

The beta drivers are supposed to help fix the TDR problem. Its a major issue with most Nvidia cards, and the problem has yet to be resolved. If you get the error, it will say (if your running vista) "Display Driver has stopped responding, and has recoverd. Error=nvlddmkm. Im experiencing this, so I currently can not play any games except for Solitare, and it appears to be Nvidias problem only.

Hmm haven't got that yet...I reverted back to the 158.24 drivers just cause I'm a little worried about the "Beta" drivers

158.45 is the best vista 8800 driver i have used to date .24 is inefficient and my frame rates suffered under it get .45 now!

158.45 is the best vista 8800 driver i have used to date .24 is inefficient and my frame rates suffered under it get .45 now!

eh I havent got any video card crashes with .45 or .24 yet, but since I switched to .24 I might as well stick with it till .45 isnt beta anymore

If you read, 158.45 has

# Improved performance for DirectX 10 version of Company of Heroes
# Improved 3D performance for single GPU and NVIDIA SLI
# Numerous game and application compatibility fixes

So, it is better to have 158.45 installed even if it is beta. It will give better performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom