latest and greatest vid cards???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
seems that going to boot camp has some what knocked me outta the loop of knowing whats videocards are on top or will. am thinking about making a new system, and have a rather powerful video card. am looking to spend about 4-450 on a card. are there sug. on what i should get. thx (mostly be playing wow and a quake 4)

side questions, are the dual core amds worth investiong in?

7800GT, there isn't enough difference in the GTX to justify the price difference, unless you get the GTX512 which performs as good as 2 7800GTs in SLI in some cases.

Why is the 7800GTX 256MB worth almost $200 more than the 7800GT? It usually only gets about 10 fps more than the 7800GT, 20 in the most extreme cases, but its never usually that much. There are several cases that the GTX only leads the GT by 5-10 fps. I say either get the GT for $280 or save longer and get the GTX512.

beedubaya said:
I say either get the GT for $280 or save longer and get the GTX512.

I agree with the 7800GT right now and if you wait and save more money you should wait till after the next lineup of cards comes out (R580 and G71) and see what happens with prices. They should be out by Feb. :)

Yeah the R580 and G71 are going to kill everything out now. the g71 is suspposed to have 32 pipes and the R580 is susposed to have 16 pipes, but each pipe is susposed to do three instructions per clock.

At the rate things are going now, no matter what you get, 6 months later it will be total trash that nobody wants because the games are progressing so fast they NEED the latest stuff.

003 said:
Yeah the R580 and G71 are going to kill everything out now.

Hopefully that causes all the current products prices to drop and not stay the same and these new card start at something crazy like $750 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom