Last question, I swear! (finalising)

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
Almost there now, decided on pretty much everything for my new rig (also decided not to go for Sli, I did last time but never got around to buying a second card... Although, I AM going to buy an Sli mobo and if i really want to go Sli in the future I can just buy a new PSU)

Ok, so, final problem. Ram again (it's always the blasted ram). I'm definitely going to go for 2 sticks of 1gb G.Skill pc2-6400 but it's which ones that's bothering me. I'm either going to go for NQ series or PK series, the only difference being that the PK series is the low latency, 4-4-4-12 compared to the NQ's 5-5-5-15. Now, i'm not hugely clever on this whole latency thing but i'm pretty sure that the PK is quite a bit better than the NQ :p

However, the £13.69 difference is actually quite tempting (yes, i'm really that poor). What does everyone else think?

Other stuff is: e6600, evga 8800gts 320mb , asus p5n-e sli, 520w silverstone zeus, 200gb SG barracuda and the old artic cooling freezer 7 pro.
Total of £628.65 with the PK series ram

Ok, don't worry. I've been talking to a few other people and have decided to go for the PK. Thanks for looking anyway!

Get the NR series over the PK. I own it...hits DDR2-1130 @ 2.15v 5-5-5-15 timings.

Amazing for the price...not that the PK won't do similar it's just i've heard more about the green NR's and they aren't much more.

whoa... that is impressive. Well, I can certainly follow that kind of advice! Especially when they're a few pence cheaper :p Thanks for your help.

And yeah i'll get pics up when it's all done.

Well, I believe that's everything then! Off to the shopping carts soon I reckon! Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom