Last minute help

Status
Not open for further replies.

omag321

Baseband Member
Ok, so i basically have my computer built so far. I am just waiting to purcahse my Gigabyte GTX 460 1mb(which is tomorrow). However, i forgot to purchase a dvd reader/burner. Does anyone have any good recommendations? The link to my build is here...

New I7 Build...

I just need one drive now, but will most likely be upgrading to be able to have 2 burners. 1 to read while the other will write, just to make the burning blu rays process faster. I dont need to spend a ridiculous amount of money, but would like a reliable and efficient drive.

Thanks in advance...

I don't have any recommendation of the sort, to me all or most burners are like the same. Same kind of specs, won't really dwell to much on it. Just select one preferably from a brand of your choice and it should work fine. Also having 2 burners (1 to read and other to burn) is the same as having 1 normal drive and 1 burner.

You mentioned Blu Ray...does this mean you want a BD burner or just a DVD burner? Most DVD burners do NOT read or write BD discs, so if you're looking for one DVD burner (that can read BD) and one BD burner you'll have to pay more. If you want 2 BD drives (one to read BD, one to burn BD) then you'll have to make sure both drives are BD compatible. If you don't need any burning now (if you're just buying the drive to install Windows) you can just buy a BD/DVD reader and then buy a burner later. Here's the cheapest BD/DVD/CD reader (reader only for all disc types) that has good reviews:

Newegg.com - ASUS Black 4X BD-ROM 8X DVD-ROM 32X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive Model BR-04B2T - Blu-Ray Drives

You can buy a BD/DVD/CD burner later on and add it so you can burn and disc-to-disc copy any type of disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom