Laptop for a friend.

neilsugg

Baseband Member
My friend at work is really wanting to buy a new laptop, his current one is horribly slow and has a cpu of 1.0 ghz. Sorry I don't know his exact laptop but I do know it's older. He just needs one for school, not gaming. I told him I would make a post and try to get help. He mostly wants faster cpu, and to cut his current load times for web browsing. He said he could go as high as 400 but if possible he'd like to stay as low as he can go but still get a good one. I think ideally he'd like to spend 250-300 if even possible.

Fyi. He's not computer savy and couldn't buy parts to build one.

If that's the case, tell him to get that 200 dollar one you linked before and toss an SSD in it. Will be way faster than whatever he is used to now.

Thanks for the quick reply! I will show him it tomorrow at work! I don't know if he's wanting windows 7 or 8. I never asked -__-

Same install and everything. Google wont be able to show you the difference between the 2. Figures aren't enough to explain how much faster these things are compared to standard HDDs.

Damn they are no joke about how expensive they are, question. Does it improve gaming at all? Probably stupid question. I'll tell him about getting an ssd also. So maybe computer for 200, and ssd for 130-150 he's looking at a 350 price range. I think that'd be good for him!

Back
Top Bottom