Laptop buying recommendations

Fastfire

Beta member
Hi, I have currently been searching for a new laptop quite relentlessly for around 1-2 weeks. I wish to spend around £500-£600 GBP (any cheaper is great) and hope to have most of the follow specifications,
-Intel i5 processor around 2.4 - 2.5 clockspeed (don't mind if a little lower as turboboost on i5 should compensate)
-Ideally 16gb of Ram, i know this is alot to ask when my budget is so low but i am willing to compromise on other aspects and also do not mind if it is 8gb but is upgradeable to 16gb but no lower standard than 8
-15.6 inch screen
-need disk drive to install work software
-good battery life 5hours plus

In summary i am looking for effectively the aspects commonly found on gaming laptops as i that is partly what i wish to do, but can also be used for work and is portable.

I am open to any recommendations and even if the laptop/notebook does not fill all the criteria above please post and advise me anyhow,
Thanks

Well if you want to game on any laptop you'll want to raise the budget to accommodate at least a GT650m. An i5 or i7 laptop in that budget with 8GB of RAM is easy enough though.

Back
Top Bottom