Laing D5 vs. Laing DDC 3.2 (aka mcp655 vs. mcp 355)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrstang

Daemon Poster
What're your guys' thoughts on these two pumps.

My loop would be

D'tek Fuzion V2 CPU block ---> D'tek Fuzion GPU block ---> Swiftech MCR320 ---> pump --->

have you bought any of these parts yet? if you are planning to do a gtx260 get one of these instead of the fuzion gpu block XSPC Razor GTX260 Full Cover VGA Water-Block

No, I have not purchased anything yet. I have an 8800GT 512mb, I will not need a GTX260 full cover block.

d5 has higher flow. Do you plan on adding chipests into the loop later

This may be a possibility, which way would having a Northbridge and/or voltage reg blocks sway your opinion on pumps?

nope, I say get the d5 anyways. I have the ddc 3.2 myself but I only have the cpu and nb in the loop. I plan on adding sb and maybe later gpu but that would involve getting another pump and do separate loops. Make sure to get the d5 vario

nope, I say get the d5 anyways. I have the ddc 3.2 myself but I only have the cpu and nb in the loop. I plan on adding sb and maybe later gpu but that would involve getting another pump and do separate loops. Make sure to get the d5 vario
why the sb?

They are both very good pumps...I have not heard the D5 vario on high but I hear that on full the DDC is a bit quieter...but of course with the vario you can drop the pump speed.

Also as said, the D5 has a better flow rate....the DDC can get very good flow rates as well with an aftermarket top but you are just trading lifting height for flow.

Basically, I would go for the D5...it's better in almost every way except size.

I've been running a d5 for about 2 years and now I finally bought a DDC2 with a petras top.

However the DDC2 is the god of water cooling pumps. It significantly outperforms the DDC3.2 however it did have a much higher failure rate. Nearly 5%.

Found a gently used one and will report back on how it performs.

Also despite the D5's claimed higher flow rate the DDC has much more pressure when paired with an aftermarket top which will cause it to get better flow rates in a real world loop and not a free flowing one.

Use this to figure out what your flow in GPM would be with each pump, then make your decision.

Martin's Flow Rate Estimator

I've been running a d5 for about 2 years and now I finally bought a DDC2 with a petras top.

However the DDC2 is the god of water cooling pumps. It significantly outperforms the DDC3.2 however it did have a much higher failure rate. Nearly 5%.

Found a gently used one and will report back on how it performs.

Also despite the D5's claimed higher flow rate the DDC has much more pressure when paired with an aftermarket top which will cause it to get better flow rates in a real world loop and not a free flowing one.

Use this to figure out what your flow in GPM would be with each pump, then make your decision.

Martin's Flow Rate Estimator

I'm showing 1.31 GPM with the D5 and 1.55 GPM with the 3.2 w/ XSPC non-res top.

Will .2 GPM make a significant difference?

no.

If you get the DDC then make sure to leave some room under the bottom for a little airflow because it can get very hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom