lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooby4844

Beta member
well i have had this dell XPS machine 4 about 2 years now(only went dell because my job had a huge discount) and i try 2 play Crysis on any setting and it lags when i try 2 customize my weapons. in multi player it always lags, even after something like a frag explosion with 4 people on the server, also i loose connection all the time. I have even tried ending almost all programs and sill the same thing. I am building my new PC when nehalem comes out so how can i get by just enough 2 play crysis online with playable lag.

Also, i am wondering if i should just buy my video card that i am going 2 put in my new build now(when it is released) ATI 4700 X2, and will 2 more gigs of RAM help?

my specs:
XP professional
C2D 2.4
2 gigs DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA 7900 GS x2 4 SLI

4gb will help loading the game faster and of course the 4800x2 will be your best upgrade for the game. Overclock your cpu too, theres free performance waiting to be unleashed.

dell cpu coolers are actually similar to scythe ninja's... they either have 4 or 6 heatpipes.. they dno't suck in anyway...

and whats up with the vid card.. do you mean 7900gx2 maybe?

your video card may be the real problem here...

look into the 9800gx2, gtx260/280, hd4870 and hd4870x2

dell cpu coolers are actually similar to scythe ninja's... they either have 4 or 6 heatpipes.. they dno't suck in anyway...

and whats up with the vid card.. do you mean 7900gx2 maybe?

your video card may be the real problem here...

look into the 9800gx2, gtx260/280, hd4870 and hd4870x2

no, i have 2 7900s--wow i never knew that the cooler was awsome.

only thing i am concerned about is the case only has 1 fan :freak:

Hmm that is weird those cards can't handle Crysis. Heck my single x1800xt could handle it.

I would try reinstalling the game. Also make another user account and install it on that account. I have heard many people doing this when a game does like what you are talking about. Normally it clears it all up. It just like reformatting when you don't quite want to reformat yet. I don't think it is hardware issues. It has to be software somehow if you are losing your connection also. Make sure your graphic drivers are all up to date also.

i dunno wat settings ur playing on, but u wont run it on v high, or u will even get lag on high alot, so just run it on medium settings with no AA. otherwise if ur upgrading DONT! bu ur gpu now, wait untill the time comes and ggte everything at once, otherwise it will decreaase in value fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom