kindly read, partitioning??

Status
Not open for further replies.

galant_mod

In Runtime
should i partition my hard drive?i've read online.some says its reduce system performance and some say it will increase performance..confuse here...

Well its not going to increase you performance.

And it will not really decrease it either, its useful if you want to install another operating system. Otherwise there really isnt any reason too, and especially not to get any performance...

I partition my hd into a few different sections:

XP (C:)
Vista
XP Programs
Vista Programs
Games
Music
Graphic Designs
Extra Storage

Really, I do this for one reason. If, say, XP takes a dump and causes my HD to crash, I have to reinstall XP - I don't lose my music or graphic designs.

That's all I partition for.

You could do that any ways, wether they are on a seperate partition or not. Partitions are just logical seperations to a single drive. If your windows system files get corrupted it wont affect anything else. Having a dual boot system is a whole different story and can save you time when fixing problems like that.

I use an OS partition and a general partition. It makes defragging a lot easier, and allows Windows to have a much smaller footprint to have to search for its files.

I use an OS partition and a general partition. It makes defragging a lot easier, and allows Windows to have a much smaller footprint to have to search for its files.

very useful for huge 1TB hd's because they take forever to defragment (not that u need it really)

I prefer to keep my fragmentation below 1% on my Windows partition. ;)

I won't the other get above5-7%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom