Is This A Kick Butt System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, will this system run games for a couple of years pretty good and is it a really good system as far as upgrading it for the future?

*BASE_PRICE: [+1165]
CAS: CoolerMaster Praetorian 730 RC-730 Aluminum Tower 420W Case [+71] (Silver Color)
CASUPGRADE: NONE
CPU: (939-pin) AMD ATHLON64 X2 4400 CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [+300]
CD: SONY 16X DVD-ROM [+3] (SILVER COLOR [+9])
CD2: SONY DWQ-28A DUAL FORMAT 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER [+6] (SILVER COLOR [+9])
CABLE: None
FLASHMEDIA: None
FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE (SILVER COLOR [+7])
FAN: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK + 3 EXTRA CASE FANS [+9]
HDD: 120GB Hard Drive [-11] (SATA150 - Seagate 120GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache Hard Drive)
HDD2: 120GB Hard Drive [+82] (SATA150 - Seagate 120GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache Hard Drive)
IEEE_CARD: NONE
KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 104 PS/2 Keyboard (Logitech Office Pro - Black Color)
MOUSE: NONE [-5]
MONITOR: NONE
MOTHERBOARD: (Sckt939)ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIE MB w/GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE-1394,&7.1Audio [+83]
MEMORY: 2048 MB (1GBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY [+135] (Corsair Value Select)
MODEM: NONE
MSGAME: FREE! AGE OF EMPIRE III
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/1000 NETWORK CARD
OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional X64 Edition [+46]
PRINTER: None
PRINTER_CABLE: None
PRO_WIRING: None
POWERSUPPLY: Antec TPII-550 550Watt ATX 12V Power Supply [+55]
RAID: NONE
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY PLUS ONE-YEAR ONSITE SERVICE
SOFT: Microsoft® Works v8.0
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: (MULTI-COLORS) Creative Labs Inspire P7800 7.1 Surround Subwoofer Speaker System [+100] (BLACK COLOR)
TEMP: COOLERMASTER Musketeer System Dynamics Detector [+28] (SILVER COLOR)
TVRC: None
UPS: None
USB: Build-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBHD: NONE
VIDEOCAMERA: NONE
VIDEO: NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GT 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card [+150]
VIDEO2: NONE [-143]
WIRELESSCARD: NONE [-14]
WIRELESSPOINT: NONE
ZIP: NONE
_PRICE: (+2085)

Apart from spending way over the odds, yes it is a good PC, but everyone here, including me, will say you have wasted money not building it.

Yes, it looks like it is stock parts in it, so you can change what you want over time.

Yeah, you will be doing yourself a favor if your built it yourself. The only real setback looks like the systemfan, you probably will want something more powerful and quieter than just the oem crap.

I am not going to get a system until the end of the year.
I have just been trying to learn about what brands of parts are good and compatible, by just reading threads in these forums.
there seem to be some smart computer people here that i can learn some stuff from.

The only reason that i would not build is that i really dont know if i can handle the task of building. I do however understand that i could save a couple hundred bucks or so. I was just thinking this way i know that everything would work and be nice and neat.

I think it really would be a great project to do with my son.
I just hate to think of the 2 of us handling all of those expensive parts :p

Are there such things as like really cheap kits, to like practice on first....lol {i don't imagine that there are}

Also, what are wrong with stock parts, i was under the impression that this was a good thing....you know, not like my Dell.

Thanks for all of your imput to help make me understand this stuff alittle better. A great bunch of guys here...thanks :)

I said stock with the meaning as standard, I could swap the graphics card with mine, and it would fit.

I'm not putting pressure on anyone, but I think that there is someone here from Ohio, who may help you through building it, if they are only there for confidence it may help.

Anyway, building it is not hard, just needs some force at the right times, and taking your time, and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom