K10

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
Are there any motherboards currently released which support these new processors fully with ddr2 ram??? AM2 board are suppose to work but they don't get all the benefits which the new processors offer so what motherboards are there??? do the AMD 64 FX quad core (socket f) motherboards work completely???

i don't think AM2+ boards are out yet. I dunno about the socket F.

and they will all support DDR2 RAM. When DDR3 ram comes out, both Intel and AMD, DDR2 and DDR3 RAM should be interchangable.

All of the AM2 and Socket F boards will work with the new CPUs. AM2+ and F+ will have HyperTransport 3.

I know that they will work in AM2 boards but I was hoping that there were some AM2+ boards around as I want to build a system in the next couple of months but If I don't use a k10 chip I will just use a intel quad core they are going to be £170 by july!!! thats slightly less then my e6600 cost me :(

The new CPUs should be out around August. Thats why Intel is lowering the price at the end of July.

well actually the first few come out july too and the majority of dual core am2+ cpu's come out in november I was planning on buying a socket am2+ board and using an am2 core until Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom