Just scratched my new 22" Widescreen monitor screen!! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
man if that happened to me i would be looking everywhere all over then net. i wouldnt try ne of those stupid methods tho and maybe try get a real product or get it fixed

still scratched.

Im too afraid to put Vaseline on it, but the scratch is right in the middle of the screen. Like, Im staring at it right now while I type.

Anybody want a like-new Sceptre 22" Widescreen monitor for $200? (With a slight 2" scratch)

When you originally posted this thread it was a 4" scratch now you have it at 2". Did whatever you tried work for half your scratch or did you misguesstimate? Just curious if anything you tried worked if even on half of it.

When you originally posted this thread it was a 4" scratch now you have it at 2". Did whatever you tried work for half your scratch or did you misguesstimate? Just curious if anything you tried worked if even on half of it.

Original Estimate was off. Its about 2" to me more specific

Try a tiny bit of the vaseline on a small piece of the scratch. Dab a tiny bit on with a Q-tip. If it doesn't work, or you don't like the results, I'm pretty sure you will be able to remove it with screen cleaner.

Or better yet, go dab a little vaseline on somebody else's smaller monitor.

I don't get how vaseline or candlewax would work. It might damage the screen even more. Toothpaste doesn't work I've tried it with case jewels before.

I would just buy a new monitor. They're so cheap these days. I would hook up the new monitor and your damaged one and have a dual monitor setup.

I don't get how vaseline or candlewax would work. It might damage the screen even more. Toothpaste doesn't work I've tried it with case jewels before.

I would just buy a new monitor. They're so cheap these days. I would hook up the new monitor and your damaged one and have a dual monitor setup.

yea, this on was $300 when I bought in march, not including tax and shipping. for my budget, thats not really cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom