Just re-hooked up my PC at new apartment, my Monitor is flickering to a Blue screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Yes, my Sceptre 22" Widescreen Monitor is flickering every so often to a Blue Screen. The blue screen says "DVI" in the corner. It is acting like there is a loose connection, but the cord is tight and secure from the GP to the monitor.

Does this sound like my 3rd eVga 8800GTS is taking a crap again?

Re: Just re-hooked up my PC at new apartment, my Monitor is flickering to a Blue scre

try switching the cord or going from DVI to VGA and see what that does.

Re: Just re-hooked up my PC at new apartment, my Monitor is flickering to a Blue scre

Is you graphics card dual DVI ? if so try other port (obvious i know but just a suggestion). check the cable is inserted fully and not snagged on the case. try playin with the cable when the monitor is on and see if u get any change (is there a break in the cable). re-install the graphics card (take it out put it back in, reinstall the drivers). GET UR MATE TO BRING HIS MONITOR OR GPU AROUND. theres a few suggestions youve probly already tried :D

One thing I have noticed is the flickering intervals are getting shorter and it is doing it more often. It is getting to the point where the monitor will actually think the PC is turned off, and the Monitor will turn itself off, just to be powered on again automatically a few seconds later.

I just RMA'd the 8800GTS (3rd RMA!!!!) This DOES sound like a GPU problem, correct? Ive tried wiggling the cords and it has no effect on the flickering, so its a hardware problem for sure. Im going to power off the computer right and remove the GPU and blow the dust off and see if it helps. Its getting to the point now where I can barely use my PC. And its going to be atleast a week before I can get my cross-shipped RMA card...

Do you believe this crap? I RMA a new card from eVga, and the day that it arrives, my PC is not flickering at all anymore. As of last night it was so bad I almost couldnt even use my PC, and this morning, I get the RMA'd card from UPS, and everything is working fine, before I even replaced the new card! whhhyyyy

ok WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hooked up the new RMA'd graphics card and my monitor is STILL FLICKERING!!!! Could it be a bad DVI Cable? Is my monitor taking a crap? WHYY!!!!!

id they send you a new one and not ask for the old one back???? free sli lol. borrow a monitor from a friend find an old crt hook it up and see whether its the same

I would do as many tests as possible. Try swapping in another graphics card if you have one and testing it with the monitor. Keep changing the variables such as trying different monitors, different wires, etc and find if it's really your 8800 that's the trouble.

id they send you a new one and not ask for the old one back???? free sli lol. borrow a monitor from a friend find an old crt hook it up and see whether its the same

Its a cross-ship RMA where I can install a new card while I have the old one so I have no down-time. Unfortunately I would go SLi but they have my credit card on fire, lol.

Im going to try new cables tommorow.

This is really wierd

use an old crt monitor and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom