Just a quick check... LGA775 universiality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham

In Runtime
Okay, I have an Asus P5B Deluxe mobo with an E6600 processor and 8800 gts (g80) card. I'm thinking of getting the 45 nm E8500 and eVGA 9800 GTX to jump performance a bit for a newly acquired 24" widescreen monitor from my 20.1".

I want FarCry 2 super uber gfx = P

So you want to know if your current motherboard will work? The short answer: Yes it should.

The long answer: I have heard of some motherboards having troubles with the newer 45nm core E8400. Haven't heard anything specific about your motherboard or the E8500, though.

So you want to know if your current motherboard will work? The short answer: Yes it should.

The long answer: I have heard of some motherboards having troubles with the newer 45nm core E8400. Haven't heard anything specific about your motherboard or the E8500, though.

Aye, I figured it would work but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the heads up on that possible issue. I'll have to research it.

THANKS!

You might need a bios update though. My EVGa 680i need the lastest bios update to recognize the 45 nm E8400. BTW don't freak out if it appears that your E8500 is running hot. These new chips are nearly universally misreporting core temperatures.

You might need a bios update though. My EVGa 680i need the lastest bios update to recognize the 45 nm E8400. BTW don't freak out if it appears that your E8500 is running hot. These new chips are nearly universally misreporting core temperatures.

Thanks thanks all. Greatly appreciate the speedy responses.

Just check your manufacturer's webpage and look for CPU compatibility. YOu're probably just need a BIOS update, that's usually the case. It's all I had to do to get my quad core working, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom