Just put my new PC together...Need Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadisticmidget

Baseband Member
I recently purchased a whole bunch of parts in order to build a computer.

I bought the following:

Power Supply - Ultra 550w X2-Connect PSU /120mm/ Titanium UV Side
Link

Case - Ultra UV Wizard Black Mid ATX Case UV Blue Side
Link

RAM - Kingston 1024MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz Memory
Link

Motherboard - Intel D955XBKLKR Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA
Link

Processor - Intel Pentium D 950 3.4GHz / 4MB Cache / 800MHz FSB / Dual-Core / Presler / OEM / Socket 775 / Processor
Link

Xmdia GeForce 6600 GT / 512MB GDDR3 / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / TV Out / Video Card
Link

Also bought fans, and all that junk, but I dont really feel the need to list them...If you want all of the other hardware, such as hard drives, and optical drives I will post them.

After having the computer assembled, with everything hooked up, I turned on the power supply. After turning on the power supply the green LED on the motherboard lit up. I then hit the power button, and NOTHING HAPPENED!?!?!?!?!?

Considering I am fairly new with some of this technology, I might have missed something on the setup, or maybe my motherboard is bad. I really dont know. I had 2 friend who are pretty good with computers take a look at it. They seemed to think that everything was hooked up fine.

ANY suggestions that you have at all will be GREATLY appreciated. (please don't flame if I screwed something up).

It sounds like you have missed out on the wires from the case to the mobo, check if there are any wires lying around inside probably at the front

Well, at first I was unsure as to whether or not I had hooked it up right, then I had my two friends take a look, and yeah..they said it was fine. Unless both of them are wrong.

This whole situation is absolutely horrible. I just graduated from high school, and used the money that I recieved to purchase all of this stuff. Only to find out now that I wasted 1500 bucks. I'll probably just end up taking it somewhere to have them look at it. But I'm too broke at the moment to pay for it.

It really does sound like thats the problem.. Are all the cables put in corrent from the power supply to the motherboard.

Is worth checking, thats the only thing i can think of.

I will check again. Trust me I have checked many times. I really do appreciate the suggestions though. Could it possibly be a bad Mobo?

very odd indeed..faulty connection between power button and mobo pins probably...

Tomorrow I might be having one of my co-workers stop by, he is VERY good with computers... so if he cannot fix it then I know that it is te Mobo, or the wires from the case. Thanks for the suggestions. If you guys can think of anything else please go ahead and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom