Just noticed something about my case. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
So I have a Lian Li PC-65 Plus that will be finished next week. I was looking at the Lian Li website (the PC-60 Plus II since I think the PC-65 Plus is discontinued but I'm pretty sure they are the same) and noticed that the air flow of the fans is different than I thought.

Go to the bottom picture and it will explain how the air flow is. Lian Li Industrial Co., Ltd.

I didn't know that the fan next to the air conduct right by the cpu was blowing air in. Is this how every computer is? Because now I dont know how i should mount my Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme. Should I have it vertical or horizontal? And which way should the fan be blowing?

Sorry for all the stupid questions. I just want to get my first build done correctly. Thanks

Lian li has been doing that for awhile. I would take the fan off and just use the thermalright. You don't want the thermalright and cpu duct fan working against eachother. Now if you had a heatsink that blew air directly on the cpu then I would suggest using the cpu duct. Thats what I did w/ my zalman 7700 and a 120mm fan. Works really good. Side note, I kinda doubt the cpu duct would fit anyways w/ the thermalright installed

Lian li has been doing that for awhile. I would take the fan off and just use the thermalright. You don't want the thermalright and cpu duct fan working against eachother. Now if you had a heatsink that blew air directly on the cpu then I would suggest using the cpu duct. Thats what I did w/ my zalman 7700 and a 120mm fan. Works really good. Side note, I kinda doubt the cpu duct would fit anyways w/ the thermalright installed

Yeah I have to take off the cpu duct because the thermalright is huge!

So then I have another question: It is more standard for cpu coolers to blow air out the back of the computer? If so, shouldn't I just flip the case fan around so it will help the thermalright direct air out the back of the computer?

This is what I would do. Take the lower case fan near the pci slots to pull in fresh air along w/ the front fan and use the cpu duct fan and ziptie it where the drive bays are to help push air to the thermalright and out the exhaust and psu.

So I have a Lian Li PC-65 Plus that will be finished next week. I was looking at the Lian Li website (the PC-60 Plus II since I think the PC-65 Plus is discontinued but I'm pretty sure they are the same) and noticed that the air flow of the fans is different than I thought.

Go to the bottom picture and it will explain how the air flow is. Lian Li Industrial Co., Ltd.

I didn't know that the fan next to the air conduct right by the cpu was blowing air in. Is this how every computer is? Because now I dont know how i should mount my Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme. Should I have it vertical or horizontal? And which way should the fan be blowing?

Sorry for all the stupid questions. I just want to get my first build done correctly. Thanks
Is it possible to reverse that particular fan? (you can with standard case fans)

Is it possible to reverse that particular fan? (you can with standard case fans)

I just tried it and you cant. It has fine threaded holes only on one side particularly for the screws supplied and the other side has much larger threaded screws. Look like I need to upgrade all my case fans.

I replaced all the fans in my PC-A70 to quieter ones (which also have LED's)

it came with 6 x 120mm fans. It now has 8 though, all 19dba (I modified my case to fit a 360mm radiator in the top)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom