just looking for some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

valcan222

In Runtime
Hey everyone, i am thinking about upgrading my cpu, you can see all my comp specs in my sig, anyways, i think everything else i have is fine for me, except the cpu, do you guys have any suggestions on a good cpu? i was thinking the amd x2 6000, but i have heard good and bad about it. any thoughts on that cpu?

thanks in advance.
Brian B.

Sell your mobo and 3800+
and buy a IP35-E and q6600
or you could just buy a 5000+ black edition and overclock it to 3.2 and get semi-significant performance increase

first off, i havent been keeping up on all the new stuff thats out, but is my mobo no good????? just had to ask. so you reccomend me get the 5000 over the 6000?

Your motherboard is still good. One of the best SLI motherboards for AM2. He suggested the X2 5000+ Black Edition, because it has an unlocked multiplier, which is good for overclocking.

If you want more gaming performance, you can sell that GTS, and get a 9600GT or 8800GT, which have been decreasing in price recently.

actualy, i plan to get a 9600gt soon, but not for a few weeks. as for the cpu, i am not big on overclocking. so would the x2 5000+ still be a better option over the x2 6000+ or do you reccomend something else?

If you're not into overclocking, I guess the X2 6000+ is your best bet, because of it's higher stock speed. But if you were to get the X2 5000+ Black, it could overclock to 3GHz like the 6000+, and would save you around $50.

hmmm, well i may take that offer up lol. i know there is prob alot to overclocking but for some one like me, not to awfull high tech, do you imagin i would be able to overclock one?

alright, and just curious now, if i go with the x2 5000+ and overclock it will i still get the same performance as the 6000+? also how are they both on heat? will i need to get a cooler for them or will the stock heatsink be ok?

as for the overclocking, do any of you happen to have a guide or link so i can figure out how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom