Just installed new motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't bump your own posts, don't triple post and don't thread jack.

but if the board has different chipset drivers so it wouldn't work 100% and it would be buggy in windows. it might boot up and boot into window's but it will be highly unstable.

really think so? I really hate reformatting

I just actually replaced both my motherboard and rebuilt my friend's computer yesterday. In both cases, we had to reinstall our OS. For me, it would start to load Vista, but then just restart. So, back up everything onto an external drive, or dvds, or an old ipod, or any other way, and just do a reformat.

Thanks for all the help guys, everything is running beautifully. It took me just a few hours to set up Vista and get all my stuff back on the drive. This motherboard also allows me to use all 4 gigs of the ram I have, and I can OC soon :D

It was definitely a learning experience, and I know now why people complain about the Intel stock heatsinks... I had to use all my strength to get the things to go in, I was scared I was gonna bend the board.

yeah u can try boot into windows but ull get a lot of weird problems, things like onboard audio and data transfer have been installed which ur older mobo drivers and dont always finction correctly. just gon into ur advanced features, set the 1st bott device to cdrom and get installing. you might also want to get that ur ram is at the right speeds voltage etc. my mobo sets my gskill PQ's at the wrong timings

Actually I pulled the hard drive from my old Opty rig and dropped it in my current one. The mobo, video card, and cpu were all completely different and she worked. It wasn't very fast but it worked. I was very surprised.

Hopefully I wont face any performance issues, soon il be going from asus p5q, ocz 4gb sli ready ram, 9800 gx2 to 750i, g.skill 4gb PI and evga 280 gtx.

I know now why people complain about the Intel stock heatsinks... I had to use all my strength to get the things to go in, I was scared I was gonna bend the board.

Dude I just installed the Sunbeam Core Contact on my new motherboard just yesterday. It was a *@#$) to get on, I m not looking forward to removing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom