Just installed a new evga GTX 285, look whats happening! (screenshot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should know better then to believe nvidia figures as they are reccomendations for a complete system and need to account for cheapo psu's that break when a piece of dust touches them.The evga gtx285 consumes 392w of power when at max draw, 184W when idle and 18.75 amps I am guessing you kept with the same brand as your 260. You are most likely have a driver issue or a dodgy card and as a seperate thing you should at some point in the near future upgrade your psu but it shouldn't be a desperate priority.

^ i know, i powerd my system with a corsair 450tx once and nothing like that happeded. ran smooth as butter. with a MSI GTX 260 core 216 :)

like i said earlier, you most likely have a bad card.

You guys should know better then to believe nvidia figures as they are reccomendations for a complete system and need to account for cheapo psu's that break when a piece of dust touches them.The evga gtx285 consumes 392w of power when at max draw, 184W when idle and 18.75 amps I am guessing you kept with the same brand as your 260. You are most likely have a driver issue or a dodgy card and as a seperate thing you should at some point in the near future upgrade your psu but it shouldn't be a desperate priority.

True, but 392w is over 32Amps. And if he has only 36A cmoing from the 12v rail...i thought i was running on the edge with mine, thats all.

Anyway, yeh your probably right, all other possible problems should be considered first, then the PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom