Just installed a new evga GTX 285, look whats happening! (screenshot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Corrupt.png

Ok, so I just installed my GTX 285, and I am getting wierd screens like this. Also notice some new stuttering, that I never had before. What could be causing this?

Also - the GPU is running at around 45 degrees C

update drivers maybe? although i'm sure you already did that... unload and reload drivers?

It would be your PSU. Says minimum 570. Even though that wattage should be enough, how many amps does it output? You need 45A on the 12V rails.

For a start, I would uninstall my video drivers....download and run a program called Driver Cleaner, it will have a readme file in it, just follow directions and run that program.

Then re download and re install the new drivers for the card.

At least this will take care of the issue of whether or not it is a driver.

looks like your card is artifacting. you might have gotten a bad card. if new drivers dont fix it then i would rma with newegg

Looks like a power supply issue. This guy has an enermax 550 watt. Not sure if enermax is good or not, but as posted earlier the minimum for a 285 is 570 watts. That right there is a tell tale sign

Enermax is a really good brand. If I remember correctly they make the OEM PSU's for Corsair and PC Power&Cooling. Regardless, a solid PSU can't make up for it being underpowered.

Yeh 36A just isnt enough. I'm running my setup on an antec 550W (althuogh its actually a very good psu) that has 42A, and its only just enough. Im pretty sure at higher overclocks my cpu isnt getting enough juice.

So yeh, go with the one Zedman suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom