Just got a gtx 680 and had a couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbegust

Solid State Member
Perhaps I should have posted this before purchase but oh well. I wanted to get an EVGA but I found that those were going to be extreamly hard to get a hold of for a while. Instead I got a Galaxy with an extended warrenty. I did do some research and didn't find anything bad about this brand, but would like some other opinions. Second the minimum power requirement is 550w and I have a 750w Corsair PSU...is that sufficent? Finally, my motherboard is PCIe2x16. Will that bottleneck my PCIe3 card? (CPU is i5 2500k 3.3ghz). Thanks for any feedback!

A full blown 7970 doesn't get bottlenecked by a 16x 2.0 slot so you are fine there.

Galaxy is a good brand but not something I would personally buy. I only buy from companies within the US (So, Nvidia and eVGA) due to the fact that I get extremely paranoid with post if I have to RMA over seas. That is my own personal preference though and you shouldn't worry. If you don't try to OC the card (as I'm to understand it's a bit complicated) then you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom