just got 7900 gt and i got a prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoad said:
Its a DOA By all means,

See? This is what I mean by the poor quality of factories overclock, and thats why I keep saying, ATI FTW!

Call XFX And throw it at their face :D and tell them to not OC cards if they don't know how to do it in first place.

-Jo.

Its obviously not the poor factory Overclock...I know this becuase I have a factory overclocked card and I got it when the early batch was available and I've never had a single problem.

The whole problem with these 7900GT's are the memory is basically craping out and the IC's are overheating and frying boards.

For those that dont know I would like to clarify this:

A 7900GT is A 7900 GTX

Same Core. Similar PCB's.

The 7900 GTX obviously has 256 more ram, and its VCORE is set to 1.4. The 7900 GT is set to 1.2.

So now that we have this clear, you know how stupid the Idea of a 512MB 7900GT Version is:rolleyes:

Extending the Life of a 7900GT can be done my simpily upping the voltage to 1.4. Dont ask why.

Back on topic..

AMD GT Player these crashes and freezes are very common send it back and get a new one.

Originally posted by Amd gt player
the most reported problems are with evga from what i have read but it is not their fault in any way and i liek xfx and it was recomended over evga by my retailer who is also a good friend and evga is one of theire partners so if i twas so much beter over xfx they woudl have recomended there partner over xfx

First. Dont double Post.

Second. I would like to read that article as from my knowledge its not the companys, mainly the horrible design and function of the GPU.:confused:

xfx has given me great customer service.. i got email reply's pretty much the next day, and not only that, it was an educated answer that actually worked....

anyway, mine came just fine oc'd and oc'd just fine volt modded as well.. so i don't know what you guys are talking about..

ever since I built my pc, games like bf2 and rome total war also crash but its like a 1 time out of 10. Or maybe twice a week depending on how much I play. Ive had my video card for several months now, but could the card be whats causing this? Sometimes it happens a few times in 1 day too it just depends, like when I first built the pc bf2 was crashing 9/10 games. Like I would play for a half hour and it would crash, i screma and yell and restart it, an hour goes by it crashes again.

I havent oc anything yet nor will I most likely, my gpu runs around 50 to 55 idle and about 55-60 when playing games. Cpu runs at like 30-35 all the time.

Just its frustrating when bf2 and rome total war will just crash outta nowhere, im playing one second and hte next i see the desktop.

oh wow sry to dp if i did but but wow how did u get 11k in 3dmark05, I have a 3800, 2gb ocz ram, and a 7900 gt and I only get 8500. Overclocking from 2.0 to 2.6 raises it by 3000?

no... not at all, my vid card was oc'd really high, 686/1900 or something like that.. along with 2.6...

i once had it 9500 with 575/1750.... made a nice difference

aha.. there was a type under my sig.. i just fixed that

i was able to go as high as 715/2000.. but it got too hot and gave me crappy results.. at that high i hit almost 100 degrees

xXx-Tricky-xXx said:
oh wow sry to dp if i did but but wow how did u get 11k in 3dmark05, I have a 3800, 2gb ocz ram, and a 7900 gt and I only get 8500. Overclocking from 2.0 to 2.6 raises it by 3000?

His 7900 GT is volt modded and 600 MHz can make exchange a good chunk of points.

My 7900 GT is volt modded as well and I score Over 7000 in 06.

:D

Lord AnthraX said:
His 7900 GT is volt modded and 600 MHz can make exchange a good chunk of points.

My 7900 GT is volt modded as well and I score Over 7000 in 06.

:D

wow... how high is your clock, and what kinda cpu do you have, and its clock speed

NosBoost300 said:
wow... how high is your clock, and what kinda cpu do you have, and its clock speed

uhh the GPU is stable at 680/894

and My opty 175 is at 2.7 GHz...I havent really given it a effort I just never have the time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom