Just finished build, Have a few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info !!!

System memory multiplier: 2.5/3.0/4.0~/2.00/2.40/3.20/3.33/4.00+
Dram DLL settings option 1/2

Those are the options i have for ram settings. Along with voltage control but i don't think i need to touch those.

cpu-z VERSION 1.43 (I just downloaded it today)

Screens. Sorry but i'm having trouble uploading on the forums

ImageShack - Hosting :: ss1rd9.jpg

You wouldn't need to worry about anything, if you're not overclocking. For reference, setting the System Memory Multiplier, will set the RAM and FSB speeds, at a 1:1 ratio.

I do plan on overclocking the cpu and GPU. I just want to know if my settings are slowing down my ram or will bottleneck me in the future.

Also i have tried setting the system multiplier several times. In bios it says the speed is 1666 but when i get into cpuz it just says 533.

I do plan on overclocking the cpu and GPU. I just want to know if my settings are slowing down my ram or will bottleneck me in the future.

Also i have tried setting the system multiplier several times. In bios it says the speed is 1666 but when i get into cpuz it just says 533.

Settings at default won't really create a bottleneck.

I think you mean 1066? You have to remember that RAM speed is always doubled. Hence the name, DDR (Double Data Rate). So 1066 is the effective frequency, and 533 is the real frequency of the RAM. It doubles, to increase the efficiency of data transfer.

Ok that explains it.. New question

I have several sata power connectors on my PSU. I hooked up the HD with Sata connector and power. It says the hardware is working properly under device manager but is not listed under my computer along with my other HD. Ideas?

You have to format it first, in order for the hard drive to appear under "My Computer."

You can do this, by going to the Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management.

Nothing happened. Do i need to reboot in order for this to take effect?

NVM i'm newb. It's formatting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom